Changing the start number for order ID's...

For articles specific to version 5.x
babyREFLUX

Changing the start number for order ID's...

Post by babyREFLUX »

Tried to run the SQL Query stated in the knowledgebase (http://xrl.in/2utl) but it's not working.

Can anyone confirm that this query works in 5.0.5 and try to ascertain what I am doing wrong if it does?

Also, if there is any guidance where the script should be run in phpmyadmin then I can check if I am doing it right.

Thanks all.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changing the start number for order ID's...

Post by Martin »

babyREFLUX wrote:Tried to run the SQL Query stated in the knowledgebase (http://xrl.in/2utl) but it's not working.

Can anyone confirm that this query works in 5.0.5 and try to ascertain what I am doing wrong if it does?

Also, if there is any guidance where the script should be run in phpmyadmin then I can check if I am doing it right.
What the script does is change the autoincrement start point... I'm guessing you've already passed the point where the orderID is past 1000 so that might explain why it's not working.

Failing that what's your table prefix in your ISC installation? and/or what error are you getting?

There's no reason to expect the version to cause the problem though as the table name hasn't changed..
Gibson

Re: Changing the start number for order ID's...

Post by Gibson »

If you can't get phpmyadmin change autoincrement value for you, you can get demo of EMS MySQL Manager 2010, register your DB in it, connect DB and then open the table where you need to alter AUTOINCREMENT VALUE. In right pane under Properties tab (of opened table) there's a field Auto increment value with corresponding selector. Change it to anything you want but greater than biggest ID value (not amount of records) in whole table.

It took less than a minute for me. Also check the table name as pointed by Martin.