Special european characters fix

For articles specific to version 5.x
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Special european characters fix

Post by Martin »

Tony Barnes wrote:Hmmm, I guess - but it's still a PITA!

As a hack there aren't going to be many products that are "that" similar, so would be an ok workaround I reckon - or are you saying that it would need to be unique to work "backwards" (i.e. cart interpreting an entered URL)?
The latter... Those examples I gave above would all be interpreted as being the product and that would result in either the first product being returned as the correct URL or the system falling over.
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

Ok, so on the assumption that you don't have products that are "that" similar, it would be ok? Might be worth setting up to test and see what happends, can always revert. I just can't figure what i'd need to put in to that hack to do it?!
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Tony Barnes wrote:Ok, so on the assumption that you don't have products that are "that" similar, it would be ok? Might be worth setting up to test and see what happends, can always revert. I just can't figure what i'd need to put in to that hack to do it?!
You need a different hack...

I think I posted up something a ways back about the right one so I'll try and relocate it for you when I get 5 minutes to think.
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

That'd be great, thanks :)
dwrs

Post by dwrs »

This is what i need :) thank you but we have another characters also in our country like ş,ğ,ü,ö,ç,ı,I,Ö,Ç,Ş,Ğ,Ü,İ and I want to chane these characters to ş=s , ç=c , ğ=g , ü=u , ö=o , ı=i , I=i , Ö=O , Ğ=G , Ç=C , Ş=S , Ü=U , İ=I can I change these characters with your fix?

Thanx
dwrs

Post by dwrs »

:? can anybody answer?
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

dwrs wrote::? can anybody answer?
At first glance, it appears that the only thing you need to do is edit (or add additional characters to) the code that appears at the beginning of this thread.
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."
John Snow

Post by John Snow »

dwrs wrote:This is what i need :) thank you but we have another characters also in our country like ş,ğ,ü,ö,ç,ı,I,Ö,Ç,Ş,Ğ,Ü,İ and I want to chane these characters to ş=s , ç=c , ğ=g , ü=u , ö=o , ı=i , I=i , Ö=O , Ğ=G , Ç=C , Ş=S , Ü=U , İ=I can I change these characters with your fix?

Thanx
Well of course you can fix them. All you need to do is look up your desired characters in UTF-8 literals table and add them to the function I shared here. I suppose you do not know exact literal values, so suit yourself and look them according to your language here:

http://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl

The rest is painfully easy.
If you are interested in my posts and want a reply, please DO USE private messages. I do not narcissistically check my posts.
skogelure

Post by skogelure »

Im working in v6.1.1 and nothing happends if i place the code after line 135 in lib/general.php file.
Where exactly should I insert the code?
kennydj

Post by kennydj »

errors, when used đ("\xc4\x91"=>"d") and Đ(,"\xc4\x90"=>"D"), When you click on product links -->(The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist. ) help me!