Adding a Squeeze Page

For articles specific to version 5.x
Painstik

Re: Adding a Squeeze Page

Post by Painstik »

So you want to block everyone to see your products until they give you some informations about themselves? Email, name, etc... ? :|

I don't know how you gain your visitors, but don't you want free organic serach engine visitors for your web shop?
With this "squeezy page" you are SEM doomed...

And btw, when I see those "squeezed" pages i have some kind of fraud and spam alert moments like ("Earn $1.000.000 in 2 months", "Buy My Mega Cool SEO Book And Be First For Any Keyword You Wish", etc...)
But that's just my opinion.

Whish you luck in development, I have no interests in developing this.
Need custom coding for Interspire Shopping Cart? Contact me
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

Right, that finally makes sense!

Create a customer group - called it squeezed (!). Edit the default customer group and set it so that no categories are displayed. Edit the squeezed group, and set it so that they can see everything, and check teh box that says "All new customers should be added to this group"

Copy /templates/_master/default.html into /template/YOUR_TEMPLATE/default.html

Delete all the panels that you do not need - newproducts, featured products, sidecart, sideategorylist, etc, etc, etc. You just want a shell. Then stick in your marketing info and copy the create account stuff to the bottom so people can create their account and log in to see things.
<form action="%%GLOBAL_ShopPath%%/login.php?action=save_new_account" method="post" onsubmit="return check_create_account_form()" class="PL20">
<div class="FormContainer HorizontalFormContainer">
<h3>%%LNG_PersonalDetails%%</h3><p />
<p>%%LNG_CreateAccountPersonalIntro%%</p>
<dl style="padding-bottom:10px;">
%%GLOBAL_CreateAccountEmailPassword%%
</dl>
<h3>%%LNG_ShippingDetails%%</h3><p />
<p>%%LNG_CreateAccountShippingIntro%%</p>
<dl>
%%GLOBAL_CreateAccountDetails%%
</dl>
<p class="Submit">
<br /><input type="submit" value="%%GLOBAL_CreateAccountButtonText%%" style="padding:2px 10px 2px 10px;" />
</p>
</div>
</form>
%%Panel.CreateAccountJavaScript%%
That should work, or need tweaking.

I have to say, as per Painstik, this is terrible idea for SEO (google won't see your site, people can't link, etc).

Also getting shirty because people have never come across a word you're using isn't productive...
grantg

Post by grantg »

For the record, I've never heard of a 'squeeze page' either, in any form of literature. 'Landing Page', on the other hand...
Cupar Garden Centre: CS-Cart Professional 2.2.5 (Converted from ISC 6.0.14 Ultimate)
Online Garden Centre: ISC 6.0.14 Professional