Right... managed to crack most of this, this evening.
Couple of things to note:
- This module required a considerable rewrite to get it working.
- There's only one customer within their 12 month maintenance term so renewal will be required for the bulk of customers
- While there is some basic dimensional manipulation done by the code it's not even close to bin packing functionality. This will undoubtedly affect those using the module who have lots of small items.
- You will need dimensional information applied to your products for the module to filter things by size at all!
All of that out of the way though I have managed to update things quite a bit... The module now handles the following:
- Deprecates the Standard Parcel and Small Packet services/rates as these have been discontinued by Royal Mail
- Use package dimension data to identify the smallest Parcel size available in 1st and 2nd class
- Updated rates for Royal Mail retail (ie: Post Offices and other non-contract services)
- Includes Parcelforce 24/48 services for UK only
Note: It does NOT differentiate from UK channel islands or areas that attract a higher rate such as the Highlands, etc...
Basically, it's not perfect but it is considerably better than anything Interspire are likely to provide on BigCommerce EVER!
If I can locate a bin packing class to manage parcel size determination better I will look to add it but having looked at this for the last 2 years with little positive result, I doubt very much anything will become available any time soon.
This module will be tested and release in the next week.. It may not be quite in time for the April 2nd changeover but due to fact that these changes are considerable, installation would need to be carried out on/after 2nd anyway.
Post below if you are interested about this or the contract pricing version of the module and I'll get back in touch once things are ready..