[PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Post by Martin »

Whoops... Missed this in amongst all the other replies to the thread...
busi6292 wrote:Admin > Products > Product Categories - under the new header "Category Mappings", there is suppose to be an image at mydomain.com/modules/shoppingcomparison/googlemerchantgben/images/icon.png but you didn't include the image in your release so it is undefined.
This has been resolved but not released yet as a full version... If you scroll back a few posts you'll find an attachment on one of my posts with the required pics.
The second problem we have encoutered is in regards to shipping calculation.

(snip)

I have a feeling the problem lies solely in the fact that the UK is not Country based in ISC admin and rather state based due to the Scottish Highlands having surcharges etc. so it's not picking up our UPS Zone 1 as the cheapest but it is for the USA as that is country based in admin.
Took me a little while to think it through but in a nutshell you are right... The shipping quote system normally relies on country, state and post/zip code to get a quote so when you only submit the country information it uses that to get the "lowest" quote.

I think the only way to resolve this is going to be to include a setting option that allows you to set your example target destination for each country feed so that you can specify the necessary information for a representative quote to be received.
Australia feed doesn't export shipping at all though.
Only reason I can think for that happening is that you simply don't have a service covering that country but I just know you're going to say that you do... Could be the shipping module covering it that's the problem if so...
Re: AUS feed.

Sorry, I don't understand your response. I've uploaded the Australia feed to Google that has the Australian price. Australian currency is enabled on my site so the visitor sees their Australian price when they go on to our website but this isn't the problem. In Google Merchant Centre admin, there is a feed warning for the Australian feed, reading the following, so I am wondering how I can get the taxonomy exported to the Aussia feed?
Sorry, realised I misunderstood the question... Didn't twig that the google taxonomy was the key focus there... Simple reason why it's not supported for Australia yet is that when I was developing I didn't see a taxonomy was available for Australia and it also wasn't required so I didn't do it yet...

I'll sort for one of next releases
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Bizarre "bug" has turned up that indicates that even though the feed is providing the correct price information (ie: minus tax) for customers in non-EU countries, the actual product page will not provide "tax excluded" information regardless of any country data that may have been set in account/cart/etc...

Net result is that I've received a wrist slap for putting the incorrect information on my feeds despite the feed actually being correct, and the product page being wrong...

Going to have to apply some headspace time to the issue and get some kind of resolution...
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Version 1.4.1 beta 1 has been released with all the latest updates in (Sorry don't have the full list but will update).

There are two known issues however to take into consideration.
  1. Price information for stores where the price normally contains tax (eg: UK, EU) does not display correctly (without tax) until you reach either the cart (and have estimated tax/shipping) or the checkout order review page. As a result the price shown in your feed is technically correct but your store will show price inclusive of tax and thus get your feed declined by GM if they notice and result in annoyed customers even if GM don't.
    NB: Yes I'm working on a hack to resolve the issue but it's going to take some time...
  2. Shipping Estimates will choose the lowest cost option using only "whole country" services. If your store has other options that are state, postcode, etc... specific then they will not appear.
    NB: A solution for this will be implimented in the next release. Most likely in the form of a variable set to a target address for quotes.
Latest version is available from the SnailSolutions store as normal...
kurt

Post by kurt »

What would be the best way to add the bar code to all the products in ISC? I could edit each product, click the other tab, then scan the code and click save. This is going to be a time consuming process. I wish I would of done this when adding all the products. I can think of two other ways to do this.

1. Use phpmyadmin run query and scan codes.
2. Export product list. Scan codes. Then import product list. I'm not sure I trust this method yet. Sometimes I get strange errors importing and exporting.
xukc

Post by xukc »

Ok, newbie here so I may have made some silly mistakes, any help would be much appreciated.
First UK feed tonight using this mod and I get the following errors:

1. Invalid price (172 warnings)
We don't accept non-numerical values, zero (0) or negative prices. If you are including the currency code or symbol, please make sure that it matches the currency of the target country.
i.e. price 12.50 GBP

2. Invalid string value in attribute: service (172 warnings)
The value that you entered for this attribute is not a valid string. Please enter a contiguous sequence of numbers, characters or symbols.

Can anyone shed some light on these errors please?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

xukc wrote:1. Invalid price (172 warnings)
We don't accept non-numerical values, zero (0) or negative prices. If you are including the currency code or symbol, please make sure that it matches the currency of the target country.
i.e. price 12.50 GBP
This is strange... You're the second person to report this but I'm not getting the same issue on an established feed so I'm not 100% what's going on... It could be related to this next bit though...
2. Invalid string value in attribute: service (172 warnings)
The value that you entered for this attribute is not a valid string. Please enter a contiguous sequence of numbers, characters or symbols
This is being caused by the "Shipping" requirement for most country feeds now and the lack of a "whole country" shipping service.

I am looking at how best to resolve the shipping problem but it's not been helped by Google Merchant springing a few new field labels on things like unilaterally changing "shipping" to "delivery" for GB feeds.
EDIT: Turns out the GM documentation has a "hilarious"(??) translation routine on the page that actually translated the field <g:shipping> to <g: delivery> which then breaks any feed that uses that tag... #doh #fail!

For now, the fix is as follows:

Open: /includes/classes/class.froogle.php

Find:

Code: Select all

if(is_array($shipping)) {
Replace with:

Code: Select all

if(is_array($shipping) && key_exists('price', $shipping) && !empty($shipping['price'])) {
This fix will only display the shipping information if there is a valid shipping cost available for the product.

Expect a version 1.4.1 beta2 in the next few days...
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

The shipping quote issue requires some separate discussion so please chip in on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1481#p5757
wezers

Post by wezers »

removed as resolved
Last edited by wezers on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wezers

Post by wezers »

all installed my mistake with a typo in URL.

V ISC 6.1.1
Feed V1.3.1
2 Questions, google is returning a couple of warnings

1. Product category is missing, we only use one category on all our products as they are the same type, is there a quick way or anyway to add it to all our products in the feed?

2. Attribute: product type, out of 756 products 36 are showing as missing ? I have checked the products in ISC and they all seem fine to me, not hidden or out of stock etc...

Kind Regards
Wesley
pplageman

Post by pplageman »

Need HELP!
Newbie here...I am struggling with getting google feed to work after installing your paid module "Google Merchant Static Feed". I cannot seem to direct the feed to fetch the products properly-I keep on getting "invalid response code error 404, no matter how I place the address in google data feeds area.
I tried following the instructions given .....

What to pass on to Froogle/GoogleBase
The URL for your product list will be
http:// yoursite.url/[store_directory?]/cache/[COUNTRYISO2]_froogle-export.xml
eg: yoursite.com/store/cache/GB_froogle-export.xml (for a UK feed)

but to no avail.
My site is www.kwickargo.com using ISC version 6.1.6, the latest.
I overwrote all of the files you sent in the zip file. I checked them as for if installed and they are. The area in ISC that used to be used for froogle sends under the marketing tab is now whited out, and unclickable in the admin portion of ISC now. I assume it is because of the module changes.
My stupidity probably lies in what to pass to google.
PLEEZE HELP!!!