[PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Post by Martin »

Quick modification that allows your Australian feed to use the same Google Product type you've set using the US taxonomy (Because the two are identical at present)

Open: /includes/classes/class.froogle.php

Find:

Code: Select all

foreach($this->categoryList AS $catid => $catarray) {
$this->categoryList[$catid]['gmtaxonomy'] = '';
}
After Add:

$taxonomyISO = in_array($countryiso, array('US', 'AU')) ? 'US' : $countryiso;
Find:

WHERE scc.shopping_comparison_id LIKE 'shoppingcomparison_googlemerchant". strtolower($countryiso) ."%'
Replace with:

WHERE scc.shopping_comparison_id LIKE 'shoppingcomparison_googlemerchant". strtolower($taxonomyISO) ."%'

Longer explanation:
Google Merchant appear to have decided that Australians live by the same product categorisation as Americans so at present the Australian Taxonomy is actually the US one.

I will put together a module for the Australian (and other countries) in the future but for now you can enable and use the US Google Merchant (Product Comparison) module to set the Google product type for US and Australian product feeds without needing to duplicate
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Some good news for tomorrow...

I've just finished coding the required changes so that users will be able to select the relevant state and input a zip/post-code for each country they have an active feed.

It will require you to select the feed, save and then revisit the addon settings to show these extra options but initial tests look like it all works ok...

Oh and it doesn't validate the zipcodes or report when there's an issue with shipping quotes... I may add that but to be honest I'm surprised I've been able to pack all this in as it is...
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

New version release...

Version 1.4.3 beta 1 : Revision 381-383
  • Added Ability to select state/county for each country feed (for shipping target)
  • Added: Google Merchant Add-On which allows most common settings to be made in ISC Admin CP > AddOns > AddOn Settings
  • Fix: Shipping quote now uses the new fields (above) resolving error with UPS and other shipping modules
  • Updated: INSTALL.txt instructions to cover new shipping quote fields.
busi6292

Post by busi6292 »

Thanks Martin for the latets release. I've tested it throughly and it all looks good. Only one problem I have found is that shipping prices don't export at all for Australia?

We exported for the UK, Australia and USA and yes we did add a state and post code for Australia in the addon settings. USA exports fine for some reason.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

busi6292 wrote:Thanks Martin for the latets release. I've tested it throughly and it all looks good. Only one problem I have found is that shipping prices don't export at all for Australia?
That's by design.. Australia doesn't require shipping costs at present...
kurt

Post by kurt »

Just purchased the Google Merchant feed. Went through the install instructions. 2 things that could be added. It doesn't say that the code edits were already included. It doesn't say to go to Marketing>Google Merchant to run the mod after installing. However, I figured those two things out easily.

My problem is I can't get it working. I go to Marketing > Google Merchant and a blank page just comes up. Any ideas?

Also noticed that these steps don't work for me:

6. Return to the "Google Merchant" tab
7. Select "State" values and input "Zip/Post-code" data for each feed
(choose locations that will generate a representative/average
shipping quote for each country)

I don't see anywhere to select state values and put in my zip code. I selected United States as my target.
Last edited by kurt on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
busi6292

Post by busi6292 »

kurt wrote:My problem is I can't get it working. I go to Marketing > Google Merchant and a blank page just comes up. Any ideas?
That's not the place you need to go to. It's Addons > View Addons > Run "Google Merchant" addon and then go into it's settings.

See INSTALL.txt file!
kurt

Post by kurt »

busi6292 wrote:
kurt wrote:My problem is I can't get it working. I go to Marketing > Google Merchant and a blank page just comes up. Any ideas?
That's not the place you need to go to. It's Addons > View Addons > Run "Google Merchant" addon and then go into it's settings.

See INSTALL.txt file!
Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it takes me to the same blank page.
kurt

Post by kurt »

Seems like a bug. If I select only US feed I get no state\zip options. If I select only UK feed I get no state\zip options. If I select both, I get state and zip options for both UK and US.

However, run addon still brings up a blank page.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

kurt wrote:Seems like a bug. If I select only US feed I get no state\zip options. If I select only UK feed I get no state\zip options. If I select both, I get state and zip options for both UK and US.

However, run addon still brings up a blank page.
I'll check the US/UK only issue tomorrow.

The settings are via the add-on settings not via run-addon though.

You also do NOT generate the feed via the marketing feed. This is definitely covered in the instructions!