[PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
kurt

Re: [PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Post by kurt »

Martin wrote:
kurt wrote:Seems like a bug. If I select only US feed I get no state\zip options. If I select only UK feed I get no state\zip options. If I select both, I get state and zip options for both UK and US.

However, run addon still brings up a blank page.
I'll check the US/UK only issue tomorrow.

The settings are via the add-on settings not via run-addon though.

You also do NOT generate the feed via the marketing feed. This is definitely covered in the instructions!

I'm aware of the settings. I'm not aware of how to generate the feed. Which is why I tried runn-addon and Marketing > Google Merchant. Both bring up a blank page but after reading your post it sounds like that's normal and not the place to go to generate the feed.

In the instructions it says the feed will be generated in the cache folder. I guess my question is how do I generate the feed? Because I've gone to http://www.[mystoreURL]/cache/US_froogle-export.xml and I just get a 404 error page file not found. Is it supposed to be generated every time I load the url?

This may have something to do with the possible bug I posted above as I can not enable the US feed without turning on another feed such as UK or AU. My state\zip options never show up when only US feed is selected. I don't have currency set up for the other countries so maybe this is why I can't generate a feed right now?
busi6292

Post by busi6292 »

There is a section entitled "Generating Your Google Merchant Feed" in that install.txt file.

You need to go to: http://www.[yourstoreURL]/froogle.php

That will run the script to create your Google files. Then you can go back to http://www.[mystoreURL]/cache/US_froogle-export.xml, for example, and you can download the file.
kurt

Post by kurt »

busi6292 wrote:There is a section entitled "Generating Your Google Merchant Feed" in that install.txt file.

You need to go to: http://www.[yourstoreURL]/froogle.php

That will run the script to create your Google files. Then you can go back to http://www.[mystoreURL]/cache/US_froogle-export.xml, for example, and you can download the file.
I just saw that after my previous post. I'm not sure how I missed that section. :oops:
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

kurt wrote:...I can not enable the US feed without turning on another feed such as UK or AU. My state\zip options never show up when only US feed is selected. I don't have currency set up for the other countries so maybe this is why I can't generate a feed right now?
The currency is a requirement otherwise you would be falling foul of the primary requirement for any "foreign" country feed... I'm not sure if the settings requires that to be able to get it to work though so I'll do some testing later today and fix or explain as appropriate.

Glad the issue of feed generation has been resolve though... :)
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Found the bug...

Open: /addons/addon.googlemerchant.php

Find:

Code: Select all

$streams = $this->GetValue('googlemerchant_target_streams');
After, Add:

if(count($streams) <= 1) {
				$tmp = $streams;
				$streams = array($tmp);
			}

You might also want to make the following changes as well so you don't get hit with "field required" error

Find:

$this->_variables['googlemerchant_state_'.$stream] = array(
			  		"name" => sprintf(GetLang('GoogleMerchantState'), $stream),
					"type" => "dropdown",
					"help" => GetLang('GoogleMerchantStateHelp'),
					"default" => "no",
					"required" => true,
					"options" => $state_array,
					"multiselect" => false
				);

/*
				 * Zip/Post code for shipping quotes for this feed
				 */
				$this->_variables['googlemerchant_zipcode_'.$stream] = array(
					"name" => sprintf(GetLang('GoogleMerchantZipCode'), $stream),
					"type" => "textbox",
					"help" => GetLang('GoogleMerchantZipCodeHelp'),
					"default" => "",
					"required" => true
				);
Replace with:

$this->_variables['googlemerchant_state_'.$stream] = array(
			  		"name" => sprintf(GetLang('GoogleMerchantState'), $stream),
					"type" => "dropdown",
					"help" => GetLang('GoogleMerchantStateHelp'),
					"default" => "no",
					"required" => false,
					"options" => $state_array,
					"multiselect" => false
				);

/*
				 * Zip/Post code for shipping quotes for this feed
				 */
				$this->_variables['googlemerchant_zipcode_'.$stream] = array(
					"name" => sprintf(GetLang('GoogleMerchantZipCode'), $stream),
					"type" => "textbox",
					"help" => GetLang('GoogleMerchantZipCodeHelp'),
					"default" => "",
					"required" => false
				);
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

New release...

Version 1.4.3 beta 1 : Revision 387
  • Added: Option to read in Additional custom field information for 'color', 'gender', 'age_group', 'size'
  • Added: (for new fields above) Field value limitations tested and only exported if valid for particular field label (eg: age_group = 'adult' or 'kids' only)
  • Fix: Removed requirement to set postcode/state for any active feeds
  • Fix: Add-on now shows the post/zip-code and state information fields when only one country stream/feed has been selected
  • Fix: Custom field for MPN no longer has to have a lowercase field label (ie: 'mpn'). Label can now be 'Mpn', 'MPN', etc..

Note: The current extra_field information read/assigned is set so that only: color (colour) and size is being pulled out of any custom field information

/*
		 * Specifically available for sites with Apparel or other clothing items
		 * where the items are individually listed and NOT handled by variations
		 */
		$this->extra_fields = array(
		//	'gender' 		=> array('male', 'female', 'unisex'),
		//	'age_group' 	=> array('adult', 'kids'),
			'color'			=> array(), 
			'size'			=> array()
		);
If you want to enable the gender and age_group fields you will need to uncomment those options by changing the above (in your includes/classes/class.froogle.php file) to:

/*
		 * Specifically available for sites with Apparel or other clothing items
		 * where the items are individually listed and NOT handled by variations
		 */
		$this->extra_fields = array(
			'gender' 		=> array('male', 'female', 'unisex'),
			'age_group' 	=> array('adult', 'kids'),
			'color'			=> array(), 
			'size'			=> array()
		);
You will also need to ensure that all your gender and age_group values are:
age_group: Only 'adult' or 'kids' are valid
Note: (Capitalisation in your field values is not important - ie: Male is still valid, as is MALe, etc...)

The feed will deliberately ignore any values for those two fields that are not valid to avoid you falling foul of GM policy.. Nice eh? :)
kurt

Post by kurt »

Thanks for the update. At least one of the things I had trouble with was a bug so I'm not totally dumb. :|

By the way, on that blank page I kept going to, it seems like it would be useful to put a link to the froogle.php file and maybe the xml files. or maybe just some text that says your an idiot you didn't read the directions?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

kurt wrote:Thanks for the update. At least one of the things I had trouble with was a bug so I'm not totally dumb. :|
Yeah... I'd missed it as I have 3 feeds active.. But now sorted so thanks for reporting.
By the way, on that blank page I kept going to, it seems like it would be useful to put a link to the froogle.php file and maybe the xml files. or maybe just some text that says your an idiot you didn't read the directions?
That's on my list... I need to figure out how to do it but I'll definitely be looking to include something... Perhaps without the "Doh!" ;)
kurt

Post by kurt »

My products are now listed in google base many thanks to Martin and zero to Interspire. Great Mod, glad I purchased.
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

Martin,

I have a differnt query, I have products that should not be listed in the google feed, these are anything that is against there T&C's, we do know what they are as Google has told us what items are affecting the feed file, we have used the Disable Google Checkout: Yes (Tick Box), I was wondering how we could use this feature to ensure the base feed ignores these products?

I am asking as our feed has been disallowed until these products are removed from there feed file, any assistance is greatly welcomed. Unfortunaly we cant just hide them, as our overall import export files will simply reactivate them as the stock is still available for sale in USA.

Regards

Chris