[PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Post by Martin »

pitorian wrote:I have a differnt query, I have products that should not be listed in the google feed, these are anything that is against there T&C's, we do know what they are as Google has told us what items are affecting the feed file, we have used the Disable Google Checkout: Yes (Tick Box), I was wondering how we could use this feature to ensure the base feed ignores these products?
Yep... Easy fix thanks to some existing code...

Open: /includes/classes/class.froogle.php

Find:

Code: Select all

elseif(in_array(strtoupper($countryiso), array('US','GB')) && (empty($mpn) || empty($brand))) {
					$this_product['skip'] = true;
				}
After, Add:

Code: Select all

if($row['disable_google_checkout'] == 1) {
					$this_product['skip'] = true;
				}
Regenerate your feed and it'll ignore any items that have been ticked as disabled for google checkout... Thank flip that field was already there....
pitorian

Post by pitorian »

Thanks Martin Awsome as always
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

pitorian wrote:Thanks Martin Awsome as always
:) I try.... Now send me some more customers... This feed module has turned into a monster..
kurt

Post by kurt »

Martin wrote:
:) I try.... Now send me some more customers... This feed module has turned into a monster..
I think you need to rephrase your product page.

"IMPORTANT: This module is not currently 100% compatible with Google Merchant requirements as of September 22nd."

Change to "This module is 99% compatible with Google Merchant requirements as of September 22nd."
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

kurt wrote:I think you need to rephrase your product page.
Thanks for the suggestion... I took at look at it and decided it needed something more drastic so I've completely rewritten the product page so it's considerably more informative and deals with around 80% of the pre-sales questions.

http://snailsol.mybigcommerce.com/produ ... -Feed.html
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Something for those with a LARGE product listing...

Google Merchant have announced a limitation of 50,000 items per feed as a "temporary" measure on NEW feeds... so if you have an existing feed that takes that many products or above, then you need to edit it, not delete and recreate or you're going to be experiencing a few problems.

More information here:
http://base-forum-announcements.blogspo ... -will.html
bharvey

Post by bharvey »

kurt wrote:
Martin wrote:
Installed the Google Merchant Static Feed Mod with very little problems. Works great except I have one BIG problem...I'm only able to submit 400 products to Google (USA store), out of 64,000 unique items in my store.

Reason? 63,600 items are apparel products not being accepted. Google has implemented more feed rules for USA stores only.
For US merchants: The following attributes in this section are required across all products in the 'Apparel & Accessories' product category (including all subcategories):

color
size

For all other countries: While the apparel attributes listed here are not currently required for countries outside the US, they may become required in the future. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you include all the relevant attributes where possible, even for countries outside the US.

Product Variants
We define variants as a group of identical products that only differ by the attributes ‘color’, ‘material’, ‘pattern’, or ‘size’.

How to submit variant data
Begin by submitting an item for each variant. For example, if you offer a t-shirt in 4 colors and 5 sizes, you need to submit 20 item variants.

For US merchants submitting apparel variants:
For apparel products that vary by 'color', 'material', 'pattern', and/or 'size', it is required to include the ‘item group id’ for each variant, where each item has a unique combination of attribute values to describe each variant.

For all other countries and categories:
All variant attributes in this section are recommended for apparel- and non-apparel variants, but may become required in the future. However, If you choose to include ‘item group id’, it is required that you also include at least one of the following variant attributes: ‘color’, ‘size’, ‘pattern’, ‘material’ and following the corresponding variant guidelines.
More information here: http://www.google.com/support/merchants ... =188494#US
---

The past three weeks, we've experienced a 90% drop in web traffic to our online store. If I can't come up with a solution of getting the Google feed fixed for our apparel products, I might as well close the doors until we can switch our web site to CS-Cart.

Help? Any ideas or comments?

Thanks - Brian Harvey
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

bharvey wrote:Installed the Google Merchant Static Feed Mod with very little problems. Works great except I have one BIG problem...I'm only able to submit 400 products to Google (USA store), out of 64,000 unique items in my store.

Reason? 63,600 items are apparel products not being accepted. Google has implemented more feed rules for USA stores only.
These requirements are known and there's some notes on what is/isn't currently supported in various spots but just to bring this up to date... See below.
The following attributes in this section are required across all products in the 'Apparel & Accessories' product category (including all subcategories):
color
size
This side of things has been added with the last release but will only pull out the data from custom fields, not variations (See below)... If you have products with custom fields with the above field labels ("colour" also supported for non US feeds) the feed will generate the correct google feed fields with the data stored.

Product Variants
In fairness, the lack of support for variations is something that I have made as clear as humanly possible. I am aware that the Apparel/Accessory requirements are quite steep and while they are only currently USA centric it's only a matter of time before they are required for other feeds as well.

The problem is that Interspires code does not provide any mechanism for displaying variation data as either pre-selected or as a static page such that the displayed information correctly displays the variant information fed to the feed or the price.

Probably worth noting as well that because this is lacking I haven't bothered (yet) to provide the necessary functionality so that variation combinations can be output in the feed.
The past three weeks, we've experienced a 90% drop in web traffic to our online store. If I can't come up with a solution of getting the Google feed fixed for our apparel products, I might as well close the doors until we can switch our web site to CS-Cart.

Help? Any ideas or comments?
Aside from those above, my honest advice would be to jump ship anyway... The Interspire Shopping Cart product is a dead duck despite what Scott on the Interspire forums is busy protesting to the contrary. The lack of feature updates, the promise of backported functionality to deal with things like this is just a bit of polyfilla to try and cover the cracks of a product that's crumbling to bits.

I am making the necessary preparations to jump ship with my own store in the future but I will still be maintaining the various mods until it's utterly pointless to do so, so variation support is still on the cards, as is pre-6.0.14 support for this module.. It's just a question of "when" rather than anything.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

To help reduce the confusion factor I've done a VidCap of the backend and how to use it..

It's not pretty, nor is the audio as my normal mic has gone walkabout but it does the job... Hopefully it'll explain things a bit better than just a manual.

http://www.snailsolutions.co.uk/_casts/ ... quick.html
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

New release...

Version 1.4.5 beta : Revision 403-404
  • Updated: Tax information now retrieved and included for US States in US Feeds (when set)
  • Updated: Tweaks to improve efficiency of tax data retrieval
  • Added: Link to VidCap Screencast re: setting up GM Module (in instructions)
  • Fix: Tmp feed files now auto deleted when unable to complete or id last product exported
    (This will resolve problems where the presence of an error'd out TMP feed file blocks replacement)
This release has been tested on a UK based store as best I can and should provide the correct US based tax information for US feeds but may need tweaking as Google Merchant don't make the formatting as clear as I would like.

I'm also aware that tax on shipping may not be applied properly at this point so I'll doubtless need to double check and resolve this if required.

New version is already available via SnailSolutions as before.