[PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
pplageman

Re: [PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Post by pplageman »

Martin wrote:
pplageman wrote:Sorry, but after viewing the video you made, I do not see a Google Merchant add-on box after clicking on the view add-ons, in my ISC. I installed everything you gave me, but to no avail. What do you think is up?
Add-on settings shows the settings page...
I checked the add-on settings again and don't see anything refering to your module-just the same as before the module, even though I did upload and configure it as you instructed.
It was working fine until 2 days ago. Now I have no products uploading to Google. I didn't go over their 500 limit at all. I had 269 products uploading each day just fine until 2 days ago.
Could you possibly log into my cart and see what the problem could be?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

You've got email... As soon as you can send me Admin login (FTP login would be useful too) I can take a look and make sure the module is setup properly at least.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Martin wrote:
Martin wrote:Google Merchant have announced a limitation of 50,000 items per feed as a "temporary" measure ...l
Then there was...
New product feeds registered after 11/22 will temporarily be subject to a 500 item limit. Existing feeds in your account will not be affected.
... and now we're at:
Due to recent change to item and feed limits, you may experience errors when submitting your items or registering a new feed.
If you check the latest announcement you'll soon realise that they've stopped specifying the limit on new feeds and you get to find out the hard way if there's a problem. If you hit the limit (whatever it may be) you then have to contact them to request an increase...

It demonstrates just how difficult it is to maintain something, like this module, to keep up with the constant goal post shifting that goes on so worth considering when dealing with these muppets...
kurt

Post by kurt »

Has anyone tested this on 6.1.8?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

kurt wrote:Has anyone tested this on 6.1.8?
Yes, and it doesn't work yet...

It's on my list but I have a VAT return that's first up... Should be sorted in next 7-10 days..
kurt

Post by kurt »

Martin wrote:
kurt wrote:Has anyone tested this on 6.1.8?
Yes, and it doesn't work yet...

It's on my list but I have a VAT return that's first up... Should be sorted in next 7-10 days..
Ok, thanks for the heads up. I decided to purchase the upgrade last minute 2011 for tax reasons so I'll probably be installing it soon. I'll probably generate the feed one last time before the upgrade and hope there's an update to the mod soon. Thanks
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

VAT return finally out of the way (although I do still have my year end return to do too) so I decided to take a look at the code for the latest version.

A few notes for those of you who were maybe wondering if 6.1.8 was worth it...
  1. There are some very clever bits of code that help determine whether certain fields are required or not, depending on countries
  2. There is absolutely no support for taxonomies of any country other than the USA
  3. Leading on from 2. above, it means that the Shopping Comparison hack in my module is still very much required for anyone outside the USA
Anyway, coming back to my Google Merchant module...
If any of my customers have test setups for 6.1.6, 6.1.7 and especially 6.1.8 and willing to provide FTP, admin and phpmyadmin access to those test stores I'll be able to fix the issues with the category selection process and also get the whole thing up to speed considerably quicker..
wezers

Post by wezers »

Hi Martin, have sent you an email on here.
We have 6.1.8 installed.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

wezers wrote:Hi Martin, have sent you an email on here.
We have 6.1.8 installed.
Thanks for that... I'm playing catch up after a lot of accounting, tax return and child related angst but I'm looking to spend some coding time next Tuesday to get this sorted out.
MegaFemaTron2
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by MegaFemaTron2 »

I'm going to have to buy this mod this weekend. Were still working through getting our product list in great shape (title and description editing, etc) and we'll definitely want to get our Google Merchant feed going soon after. :!:
ISC 6.1.1 Ultimate Edition