[PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
chamster

Re: [PAID] Google Merchant Static Feed

Post by chamster »

Martin, any quick way to modify code so that shipping = 0 for all products, instead of calculating the shipping? Thanks, Bob
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

chamster wrote:Martin, any quick way to modify code so that shipping = 0 for all products, instead of calculating the shipping? Thanks, Bob
Took a little longer than planned thanks to pesky customers, etc... ;) but here is it.

If you want to set all shipping so it's free...

Open: includes/classes/class.froogle.php

Find:

Code: Select all

if(isset($row['prodfreeshipping']) && $row['prodfreeshipping'] == 1){
Before, Add:

Code: Select all

$row['prodfreeshipping'] = 1;
Please note: If you do this and your shipping costs are not free, then you can expect your feed to be reviewed (usually because a competitor has tipped off google) and get slapped with an account suspension or even cancellation... it's not something to do lightly so very much on your own head be it if shipping costs apply.
chamster

Post by chamster »

Any orders >$75 are free shipping, so I altered the code in froogle.php:

if($price_unformatted > 75)
{
$row['prodfreeshipping'] = 1;
}

Seems to work.

Now what I want to do is exclude certain categories of products from this rule, because some large items don't qualify for free shipping.

So I can identify these excluded categories by the value in isc_categories.catparentlist. Then I could compare the value from isc_categories.catparentlist with a string of characters to see determine whether the item is in the excluded category. If so, set $row['prodfreeshipping'] = 0;.

But I can't figure out how to include isc_categories.catparentlist in the query without breaking the code.

An ideas?

I hope this makes sense. It's getting really late ;-)
Chow

Post by Chow »

Hi Martin,

A couple questions:

1. I keep getting this error:

Undefined variable: fixed_price in /home/xxx/public_html/store/includes/classes/class.froogle.php at 1144

How to fix? The store is on fixed price shipping US$9.99, which has been defined in the GM account. Do I need to set it somewhere in your set of file?

2. For those product images can I get _zoom size instead of the _std size?

Cheers,

Marc
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Chow wrote:1. I keep getting this error:

Undefined variable: fixed_price in /home/xxx/public_html/store/includes/classes/class.froogle.php at 1144

How to fix? The store is on fixed price shipping US$9.99, which has been defined in the GM account. Do I need to set it somewhere in your set of file?
Not sure when this was fixed/resolved but my current version has the required key_exists check to stop that error happening... It can be safely ignored either way.
2. For those product images can I get _zoom size instead of the _std size?
Search and replace: pi.imagefilestd with pi.imagefilezoom
...this will only work with ISC 5.5.4 versions or later though...
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

1.5.3 has been released...

Snailsolutions store as per normal
  • Version 1.5.3 : Revision 546
    • ADDED File: \modules\custom\class.progressbar.php
    • UPDATED File: \froogle.php
    • ADDED: Progress bar display using froogle.php?p=bar to activate.
      Allows easy reference to see how much is left to generate
    • ADDED: Test for incomplete build(tmp) file. If over 2 weeks old it will now kill the file and force a new build.
      This stops feeds wasting resources to build when a fresh start would be smarter move.
    • ADDED: Progress bar will correctly identify amount completed in an incomplete file and display progress accordingly
    • FIXED: US taxonomy may be causing some issues when being read into the DB taxonomy file reordered so new index items are imported last.
    • FIXED: Screen out categories where parent cats are not accessible/visible
    • FIXED: Remove Undefined index error when no shipping option return from quote system
To use the new progress bar you need to have grabbed the new release:
- update froogle.php
- upload the new class.progressbar.php to the modules\custom directory
- turn OFF verbose mode in the Google Merchant - add-on settings
- run froogle.php as normal but with the variable ?p=bar tagged on (ie: froogle.php?p=bar )

The progress bar isn't particularly fancy but it will tell you how far along your feed is if it's incomplete and allow you to determine when you've finally finished it properly.

One are where this is particularly useful is when your google merchant dashboard is indicating that things are due to expire.. If that's the case your feed is not completing properly and you need to do a manual update. When you do, pay attention to the number of times you need to re-run the feed and over what timeframe to get it to generate properly. With that information update your CRON settings to ensure that the feed will complete properly.

Note: Always remember to check your settings if/when you significantly change the stores product volumes..
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Just to note... there is a quirk with the way the progress bar works (or doesn't) when caching or page compression is turned on so you may find you get a minute or so with nothing displayed and then the progress shows up for 5 minutes for the page times out...

Unfortunately I can't test it much further to resolve this due to a lack of test servers to play with so consider it a "feature"... Sorry..
kurt

Post by kurt »

I tried to download the new version from my account in your store but couldn't "This file can no longer be downloaded as it has expired" I purchased in Nov 2011.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Just to note that I'm aware the taxonomy needs an update and I've downloaded the latest versions from Google Merchant with a view to getting this done in the next 10 days.
redfeilds[18]

Post by redfeilds[18] »

Hello i have recently updated to the latest version but getting an error from google on <missing google product category> . how to fix this?