[REQUEST] Exclude Products from Free Shipping

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Mykatt

[REQUEST] Exclude Products from Free Shipping

Post by Mykatt »

There are some features of ISC that we like, but one I really don't is the limitations of the Free Shipping Discount rule. We have a set price over which we offer free shipping, but with most stores there are going to be some products where this isn't practical whether it be low margins or high freight costs.

What I've wanted to add, but lack the knowledge and skill, is to have a check box under the "Yes, this product has free shipping" saying "Exclude this product from free shipping". The shipping module (assuming this is where the stuff happens) would then evaluate the cart in a way similar to this: Are the Free Shipping qualified items over the Free Shipping threshold? If yes, exclude these from the non-qualified items and calculate postage costs. If no, calculate as normal.

We have several large bulky items that also weigh a bit too and shipping these across country is quite expensive. On that note, it would also be nice to restrict Discount Rules by geographic regions.... But alas...
Mykatt

Re: [REQUEST] Exclude Products from Free Shipping

Post by Mykatt »

We're using the discount rule under marketing, as this allows for telling the customer how much is required to spend in order to qualify for free shipping. As far as I'm aware, the free shipping under the shipping zones doesn't notify the customer they can qualify for free shipping.

The features I'd love to see are:
* Exclude certain products from the free shipping discount rule (for instance, a product that weighs 20kg but only sells for $100)
* Set up geographical zones where free shipping isn't offered.

One bug we have is because we only set shipping zones for Australia (we only want to sell to Australia) but we have the free shipping discount rule in place, if someone from overseas orders in excess of our free shipping limit, they are offered free shipping irrespective of our shipping zones. The only resolution offered by Interspire is to delete all the countries except for Australia. Except that means we cannot have overseas customers purchase and deliver the products locally.

We're lucky this has only happened three times, and thankfully each of those occasions, the customer was willing to pay shipping. But I'd prefer not to go through this, or worry about it.
paulcolliens

Re: [REQUEST] Exclude Products from Free Shipping

Post by paulcolliens »

Many company sell products and any device to other country people that time buyer pay the extra shipping charge.Every products have different type of discount but i think you buy any products to other countries you check the shipping charge this charge including or not,most of this type of products costly for buyer.