Pulling the plug [SnailSolutions]

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pulling the plug [SnailSolutions]

Post by Martin »

Just a quick note to say that with Interspire now completely dead I'm pulling the plug on my modules with the exception of the Royal Mail Advanced module.

The amount of time required and the minimal return on other modules has been difficult to rationalise to say the least. I'm also aware that much of my code is now out in the wild so with mouths to feed at home and limited resources, I'm quitting while I'm behind.

As noted above, the RM Advanced module is a different story but I only anticipate one more price/service change (probably April 2014) before I retire that as well.

It's not goodbye for these forums, at least not for another year but I think it's fair to say the cart is dead... long live a much better alternative. Here's hoping I can figure out exactly what that is! :)
DBMAN

Re: Pulling the plug [SnailSolutions]

Post by DBMAN »

Coincidentally just thanked you in another thread.

Granted I'm late to the game Interspire wise but you've already helped me personally a couple of times. A year sounds more then fair and though I hope to not need the support I'm glad to know you will probably be here. I'm tentatively ready for a switch but don't need it while things are working and dread the move so I'll hold together with spit and gum as long as I can. I might need some of your gum...or spit!

Oh yeah, and amen to resources and mouths to feed despite mine being the only one in this case! It's all relative but I feel ya'.

If for some reasons we don't touch base before you pour the gasoline and strike the match, thanks.
noticz

Post by noticz »

I'm still around as well, let me know before you do pull down the site. I might be willing to take over or at least host it....Tiny price to pay to at least keep all the information up.
appsfinder

Post by appsfinder »

Hi martin will your mods work with the new solecart.com
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

appsfinder wrote:Hi martin will your mods work with the new solecart.com
Quite possibly as it's a rip off of ISC... I wouldn't be at all surprised if my code will somehow magically find its way into it, as yet more copyright infringement, but as per my other post