Free shipping + handling fee issue

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
biophase

Free shipping + handling fee issue

Post by biophase »

I offer free ground shipping in the US, however when someone wants it 2 day or 3 day I charge them for it using the UPS or Fedex price engine. The problem is that I can't add a pound for the box so that the pricing is usually off by a buck or two. So I thought, hey why not charge them a $2.00 handling charge and hide it. This works fine now.

The problem now is that my free shipping is now $2.00. Anyway to get around this?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Free shipping + handling fee issue

Post by Martin »

You'd probably want to hard code in a little check for specific services that just adds in the extra if true but otherwise leaves the extra charge out.

It doesn't sound like it would be hard to modify in the code...
biophase

Post by biophase »

Martin wrote:You'd probably want to hard code in a little check for specific services that just adds in the extra if true but otherwise leaves the extra charge out.

It doesn't sound like it would be hard to modify in the code...
Or I guess I could hard code something in the UPS or Fedex shipping calculations to just add $2.00 to the total? I think that would be easier?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

biophase wrote:Or I guess I could hard code something in the UPS or Fedex shipping calculations to just add $2.00 to the total? I think that would be easier?
Yep... that's pretty much what I meant... :)