[Module] Froogle Static export

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Tony Barnes

Re: [Module] Froogle Static export

Post by Tony Barnes »

As it goes I've just put the finishing touches to my Parcel Force Module, working 100% on my cart now.

I've been working on it with Interspire for a couple of months, but they made me keep it under wraps until it was fully tested, so that they can release it in the next minor update. All volumetric problems are now sorted, as well as foreign issues that kept coming up.

You can test it here if you like http://www.sorryjustwindingyouup.com

:D
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

You just don't like life do you...

*sound of drumming fingers on desk whilst stroking evil looking cat*

:lol: :P
anjordan77
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by anjordan77 »

I'm having issues with this mod.

I downloaded the froogle static 1.0.4 that you have up as #1 on this thread...
tried it with the stock settings and it isn't throwing the condition in the xml file.

Is there something i'm missing here? I saw a post about changing the $this->localpath line...is that not correct in your zip file?

0/3700 products inserted..missing condition
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

You have to make sure that the path that your google feed is looking at is the same as the path specified in the php. In the php it aims at the cache folder to avoid any privilege issues.
anjordan77
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by anjordan77 »

aren't they all .php files? could you be more specific? Do i need to alter my admin froogle php file? I have it setup to go to the cache which is stock from this zip file on this thread.
i haven't set any crazy store directories so it's the typical \public_html\ directory... for my store.

I'm confused what the problem is, i get an xml file, but it doesn't contain the condition field. I'm not worried about cron since the feed doesn't even work properly for me. I'm sure it's as simple as clicking a button here...that i didn't click...

thanks,

~Andy
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

anjordan77 wrote:aren't they all .php files? could you be more specific? Do i need to alter my admin froogle php file? I have it setup to go to the cache which is stock from this zip file on this thread.
You don't need to alter any files at all, just upload the ones you got with the download, as per the instructions.
i haven't set any crazy store directories so it's the typical \public_html\ directory... for my store.
Ok.. useful to know.
I'm confused what the problem is, i get an xml file, but it doesn't contain the condition field. I'm not worried about cron since the feed doesn't even work properly for me. I'm sure it's as simple as clicking a button here...that i didn't click...
I'm equally as confused. The code I've provided is set to include that information regardless so the only thing that makes any sense is one of the following:
  1. You're possibly looking at the wrong xml file (does it have a date at the end of the file?)
  2. You're not running the froogle.php code by visiting http://www.yourstore.url/store/froogle.php or by CRON so the file isn't actually being generated in the first place
  3. We're getting confused between the admin version and this 3rd party system.
If you can provide a URL for your store that would certainly help nail things down...
anjordan77
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by anjordan77 »

Sorry, i finally got it running. thanks for your help and great module. my site was:
http://www.allpaintballsupplies.com
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

Just to note that I've realised Froogle/Googlebase has the facility to target specific markets and on top of this you need to have a separate target URL so at some point I'm going to write a slight variation on the system that helps deal with this.

So, watch this space :)
empirehorn
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by empirehorn »

Martin,
I've decided to use this mod instead of use the built in ISC one (I found it to be quite buggy....). Kudos for the work here, it seems to work great! I have one question for you. I would like to include another field from the products table in the database (a custom field labeled 'prodfeedmodelnum' ) because the "model_number" that is currently exported in the feed is my sku (a five digit number that has no external relevance) and I would rather it be a relevant piece of data such as the actual model number. I've attempted substituting 'prodfeedmodelnum' where 'prodcode' was in the class.froogle.php file but this has not worked. Do you have any suggestions or hints for me? I appreciate any help you can offer.
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

Martin... you are a god! ~ Thank you!
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."