looking for custom code

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
raylondon

looking for custom code

Post by raylondon »

we are now using interspire, need a code like this:
1. customer add sth to the cart
2. customer close BACK or close browser
3. a pop up appear saying " do NOT leave, we will give you £5 off"
4. customer click pop up and back to checkout page
5. or click close, leave the site

pls PM me
grantg

Re: looking for custom code

Post by grantg »

This seems a complete waste of time - this sort of thing is VERY spammy (I for one would close the site and never re-visit it) - if you can afford to give £5 off all your products, why not reduce your prices by £5 in the first instance - after all, price is (virtually) the number one factor when it comes to selling online.
Cupar Garden Centre: CS-Cart Professional 2.2.5 (Converted from ISC 6.0.14 Ultimate)
Online Garden Centre: ISC 6.0.14 Professional
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

You could easily set up a javascript function to do the alert box, then put a voucher code in it.

Bearing in mind leaving the page doesn't necessarily mean losing the customer, I'd not do this either, feels desperate, and likely to alienate people...
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

I agree with Grantg on this one. ~ It's intrusive and annoying... and a strong incentive for me to NOT visit again. It assumes that the retailer knows the reason someone clicked away from the page (perhaps the boss walked in to the worker's cube, perhaps it was dinner time and they would have returned.)

Other thoughts about popups: It's equally annoying when an online retailer gives me a pop-up window AFTER the sale is complete asking me to "take a survey" or "sign up for a newsletter".

At the very MOST (and even this is questionable) any popup would contain a message that informs the customer "Sorry you had to go, we'll hold the contents of your shopping cart for XX days. Please let us know if you have any questions."
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."