WishList of mods/modules

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

WishList of mods/modules

Post by Martin »

Right... As it's pretty obvious that development is slowing, if not lying on its back and gasping its last there are a few things I'd like to get coded/modified/hacked/etc... into ISC so I'm putting this lot out there for anyone else in a similar position who either:
  • knows the mod' exists
  • has some hints on how to achieve them
  • knows I'm on to a loser and should buy a very strong whiskey now so I'm ready to cry into it
The wishlist is as follows:
  1. Aggregated stock for disparate product titles but same product stock
    ie: One product holds the stock level information for a particular product but there are multiple listings (eg: cyan ink for CLI-8C = same for BCI-6C).
    When an order for either product is placed for either the stock in the primary product is updated
  2. Stock update once per transaction
    At present the stock seems to update as many times as someone goes back to the finish.php page even though the transaction ID and order number are the same. More a bug fix really but it's playing hell with my stock control as a result
  3. Re-Captcha integration to replace existing Captcha system
    The current capcha system gets me more complaints and frustrated customers than anything else so switching to the re-capcha system would be a boon
The "would be nice but not vital" list is:
  1. 3D Secure thickbox/modal pop-up handling
    The cluster flock mess that is 3DSecure handling in SagePay Direct (ProtxDirect) still doesn't handle 3DSecure as on-site although 5.5.4 supposedly has it resolved for PayPal so getting it to work with other checkout modules should be possible... It's just a niggle that I want stamped on frankly
  2. Shipping bin-packing problem solver
    This is real pie in the sky stuff and something I doubt I'll need soon but I suspect it would be VERY useful to others.
    If we could have a service or module that does a reasonable 3D fit calculation based on the product dimensions before passing back the number of packages and the volumetric sizes based on the box(es) available for packaging.