BC storage limits seem Low

For all things BigCommerce.. Chat, sharing ideas, links to tips and ways to make things work.
kurt

BC storage limits seem Low

Post by kurt »

I was just looking at the stats of my ISC install. I'm using about 800MB in my public_html folder and only have 250 products. Planning to add at least 100 more products in the near future.

For 1GB of storage, BC charges $150 and then $300 for 10gb. If I switch to BC, I wonder if my storage usage will go down or up? The $80 dollar plan with 500gb is the max I would feel comfortable paying right now.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BC storage limits seem Low

Post by Martin »

Have you taken into account the image bloat that ISC has?

That seems to add a huge amount of junk to ISC installs and (hopefully) has been resolved in BC... Just a thought...
kurt

Re: BC storage limits seem Low

Post by kurt »

I'm sure I would gain some space with a clean up\migration. It's hard to tell how much though. I did a quick search on the bc forum and found lots of complaints about the low storage amount. Some were asking if they could host their images elsewhere. I believe they also use database size in the usage calculation and maybe even email which would be really bad. I took a look at magentogo and noticed their storage limits are even worse. CS-Cart is starting to look good.