What it doesn't do/have or do well...

CS-Cart discussion for ISC orphans
(ie: space for Interspire (ex?) customers to discuss CS-Cart in context of previous experience)
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

What it doesn't do/have or do well...

Post by Martin »

Ok... I'm starting off with a few pointers that I've discovered within a short space of time but if you have any additional bits you want to jump in with, then please do.
  1. [MISSING] Royal Mail shipping module
  2. [MISSING] Parcelforce shipping module (neither does ISC but I was writing one)
  3. Poor backend layout/design (although 4sprung are launching a much improved one)
  4. [HAS] Documentation (for developers)
babyREFLUX

Re: What it doesn't do/have or do well...

Post by babyREFLUX »

5. [BENEFIT] It isn't ISC...
grantg

Post by grantg »

6. [BENEFIT] Community edition ($0.00) virtually on a par with ISC Starter edition ($299?). Even CS-Cart Multi Vendor comes in lower than ISC Professional.

7. [BENEFIT] Support exists. No support contract required - you only pay for support when you actually need it, price dependent on what you require.

8. [BENEFIT] It has nothing to do with Mitchhell Harper and his get-rich-quick cronies.

PS. Currently developing a new site in CS-Cart and will continue to run ISC on main site, will be comparing functionality and our requirements and may well move everything across to CS Cart.
Cupar Garden Centre: CS-Cart Professional 2.2.5 (Converted from ISC 6.0.14 Ultimate)
Online Garden Centre: ISC 6.0.14 Professional
grantg

Post by grantg »

Cupar Garden Centre: CS-Cart Professional 2.2.5 (Converted from ISC 6.0.14 Ultimate)
Gareth
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by Gareth »

He really has his work cut out just clearing the spam!
ISC 6.1.1
Lighthouse

Post by Lighthouse »

Grant, I am interested in what you find out!
mardukeme

Post by mardukeme »

I'll be moving to cs-cart as well, purchased the Ultimate addition. The back end is not as user friendly as ISC, or maybe I'm just not used to it yet. Below is a list of few things that I noticed that are missing or have not found a way to do it. I will update the list as I find more. Although it has some features that ISC does not have, basically it is a give and take.

CS-Cart Ultimate Missing Features.

1. Unable to create a new customer when adding an order within the admin panel. Same as if a customer check out as guest, also no customer information will show up under the Customers section.
2. If creating a new order and a customer gives you a different address then on file you can change it does not give you, an option to save it as a new profile for example Business. You have to go under there user profile afterwards and add it there.
3. No Cost filed under products.
4. You auto complete in search. For example if your search for Samsung. After type Sam the search bar would suggest Samsung, or other Suggestions. Note Now available on other versions still not on Ultimate.
5. Suppliers functionality missing in Ultimate. cs-cart stated they would added but who knows when.
6. Product price able to add List Price, Your Price, but can not find a way to show sale price yet.
7. Currently version 3 comes with only one template. Have to purchase one if you want something different.
8. No way to display Product Condition (New, Refurbished, Used) on product detail page. Although it has it for Google Shopping.
grantg

Post by grantg »

If anyone is interested in migrating their ISC store to CS-Cart, please get in touch.

All of the issues reported by mardukeme have either been resolved, or he missed the functions in CS-Cart because they have been there for at least 2 years now.

Round up, round up.