Variations bug

For articles specific to version 6.x
meules
Confirmed
Confirmed

Variations bug

Post by meules »

Hey,

I think I found a bug in V6.1.1 :evil: I was adding a new product with variations. It is a long variations list if that may help.
The list is divided in 11 pages!! I navigate to page 5 where the color red is located. Put a checkmark in front of the color and saved. Suddenly all colors where checked so every single color was added to the product. I disabled all of them and only enabled the color red but still they came back. Now I have to uncheck every single page with colors I dont need, then hit "Save and keep editing" and do this for every page with colors I dont need.
Has this something to do with memory?? I really need to sort this out since I have to add a few hundred new products :(

Martin help me ;)
ISC v6
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Variations bug

Post by Martin »

I'm aware of a problem with variations but I haven't had the time to look at it properly because of so many other jobs.

My guess is that they are waiting until the bulk of people are past the extended maintenance contract before they release the fixes as a maintenance release...

If I come up with a fix or explanation though, you'll find it on here..
pbanks

Post by pbanks »

Typical Interspire though ... and I'm out of my maintenance contract! Still waiting for drop shipping to be included, maybe then I'll renew just to get that functionality ...
bart

Post by bart »

I remember there being some problems with adding in lots of variations to a product. I have a product with about 90 pages of them...
We gave up trying to put pictures with them but i remember that using the variation filter helped when enabling the options. All in all not a fun experience but i never found the cause of the issue i'm afraid.
meules
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by meules »

This is really by far the most annoying bug I have ever seen in ISC :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Does anybody know a mod/hack to show all variations options on one page?? Like in V5?!
ISC v6
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

meules wrote:This is really by far the most annoying bug I have ever seen in ISC :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Does anybody know a mod/hack to show all variations options on one page?? Like in V5?!
Not recommended as we kept getting timeouts and memory errors before with the old system...