What happened to the discount field on order edit?

For articles specific to version 6.x
Brandeline

What happened to the discount field on order edit?

Post by Brandeline »

Hey I know I'm way late upgrading to 6.1 and everyone else has probably already discovered this, but I'm going from 5.5.4 to 6.1.1, and on doing a trial run in my sandbox environment, I'm finding with all the changes to the order editing screens, the discount field has disappeared.

We use this in my store a lot to give partial adjustments on things if one item in a package of several is damaged, or some items did not ship because the warehouse couldn't find them. Is the functionality still there somewhere and I just haven't been able to find it?
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What happened to the discount field on order edit?

Post by Martin »

If you're referring to discount rules for product volumes then the products still include them as a tab...

As for discount rules in general (ie: across the store) those have changed somewhat that some of the custom rules that a few folks put together, no longer work properly..

Not too sure which ones/one you're referring to though at this point.
Brandeline

Re: What happened to the discount field on order edit?

Post by Brandeline »

Actually it's not the discount rules that get applied automatically when the customer checks out that I'm referring to.

In 5.5.4 if you edited an existing order from the Admin, near the bottom underneath the shipping price, there was a text box which you could put a straight dollar amount discount in, which would then be knocked off the order's finished total.

My customer service gal and myself have been using that field to apply tiny adjustments to order totals when something is missing from an order, or customers call in to request credits for damages. Now that we have that clunky 4-step screen in 6.1.1 instead of the single screen from 5.5.4, the text box and functionality of being able to manually adjust the order total directly seems to have vanished from the screen.

While we can do it in other ways, we preferred that field as it was simple. Do you think they just forgot it when redesigning their templates?