Well?

Discussion by existing Interspire Cart customers regarding potential alternatives.
babyREFLUX

Re: Well?

Post by babyREFLUX »

Just about to launch our first CS cart store - will share with you (hopefully next week) when ready.

Don't want to say too much before we properly test the store under live conditions but all has gone swimmingly well so far. They have shot ahead of ISC with functionality (and most of their new features work :o)

We found that the initial design templates were lacking but lets face it the software costs less than $250! Arranged a brand new design for about $150 which looks quite nice.

In a few months CS cart launch a new system called 'multi-store'. This allows you one back-end engine along with as many front-end's as you like. All stores can have their own products/pricing/payment providers etc. - but all handled by a single inventory/order management system. The cost? $600 for up to 3 stores then $200 per store after that :D
bart

Post by bart »

The new Multi-Store feature from CS-Cart was something I was really looking forward to however we were hoping for it to have a single checkout for all the stores (i.e. be able to use a single payment gateway) otherwise it is shaping up really well.

I know what you mean about the templates, they aren't quite as nice as the ISC templates. After having a quick look at their code they do look a bit more complicated to edit as they contain quite a bit of none html/css/%%placeholder%% code however i bet once understood they would be quite powerful.

Good luck with your new store, i look forward to hearing about how it goes in the everyday running.
Snooper

Post by Snooper »

I am bouncing the idea of moving from ISC. Like others however, I have as damn got ISC where I want it to be.

With only two bugs of contention to resolve, realistically, do I want In effect to start again ?!

Shall watch the forum postings for insight ;)
ISC 5.5.4 Ultimate : Being used here -- http://www.kdklondon.com
Brandeline

Post by Brandeline »

I'm at the point of changing my mind on ISC personally now. Have started having all sorts of little problems with customers not being able to check out, not being able to add to their carts, issues with no getting shipping quotes, not to mention password reset headaches. Who knows how much money I'm losing on these?

I've got a trial install of CS Cart up right now that I'm testing to see if it will do all the important things.. most especially allow customers to give me their money! :) It looks pretty good so far, even if the admin area isn't quite so slick. I can live without ajax typeahead search if it means clients are able to checkout.