Store Credit

Tips, Tricks, How To Guides, etc..
aloeride

Store Credit

Post by aloeride »

I have just found out that Store Credits only works for when customers ordering online, it cannot be used it seems when entering an order manually (telephone orders). Within Add an Order there is the grey text line 'Apply Coupon Code or Gift Certificate' which doesn't work for Store Credits... so, if a customer has store credit and phones an order through, their store credit cannot be taken into account... HELP
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Re: Store Credit

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

Please provide more information... Which version of the software are you using?

ISC 4.0? ISC 5.5? ISC 6.0? ... Starter edition? Professional? Ultimate?

The solution to your problem may not be the same for every version.
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."
aloeride

Post by aloeride »

I still use version 2.6.1. because I had modifications done that cannot easily be transferred to newer versions.

I tried just now to attach a .pdf but this was too big, so an explanatory video is here http://www.aloeride.com/video/PetXu/storecredit.html
Note that SagePay payment notification correctly mentioned the Adjusted Total (Total minus Store Credit) whilst ISC's notification of Order Status Changed shows the Total and not the Adjusted Total. Clicking within that email on 'Click here to view the status of your order' takes one (after logging in) to ISC Order detail page on which there is again no mention of applied Store Credit...

This cannot but confuse customers and lower their esteem for my company.
Thanks for any help you can proffer!
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

First of all... I'm very impressed with the fact that you created a video to explain the issue you're having! That's absolutely brilliant!

I'm afraid that I do not have an easy solution to your problem. ~~ It appears that this is another example of ISC's lazy programming and incomplete testing.

One thing I do recall from a couple of years ago: ISC had released a version of the software that accidentally allowed administrators to give store credits. Meaning: the store-credit feature was INTENDED to be included ONLY in the "Professional" or "Ultimate" version, but somehow it managed to be visible in the "Starter/Basic" version of the software.

In subsequent bug-fixes, they fixed this error, and users who updated to the fixed version soon discovered that the store credits feature had DISAPPEARED!! (Anger and disappointment soon followed.)

Could it be that your version of ISC includes the ability to *issue* store credits (although your version level doesn't support it) and therefore, your version level doesn't permit you to actually redeem the store-credits that you've issued?

Here are some possible workaround solutions... although I'm the first to admit that NONE of them are very practical.

1) Create some "admin-only" coupon codes of varying values that you (and only you) can apply to manually entered orders.
2) Create a stack of gift certificate codes of varying values for you to apply to manual orders.

The main problem with those two ideas is that coupon codes and gift certificates won't easily account for situations where a customer's store credit is not a whole-dollar amount... or a divisible-by-five amount.

Also, assuming that this method did work for you... you'd need to remember to go back to the customer's account and delete (or adjust) the amount of their store credit.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. If this is indeed an oversight on Interspire's part, then it's very likely that you'll need to dig-in and do some program modifications (or, pay someone to do it).

Good luck!

Charlie
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."