Product and Image URL in CSV

For Articles relating to more than one ISC version
grantg

Product and Image URL in CSV

Post by grantg »

Hi

I have tried to create a custom CSV export template in ISC 5.0.6, to include the URL for the product (ie. http://www.domain.com/products/product-name.html) and the URL for the image (thumbnail or full size image, eg. http://www.domain.com/product_images/d/dog_thumb.jpg) - but there is no option to include the URL's.

I cannot find the URL's in the CSV to import into other software (price comparison sites).

Is is possible to export this data into CSV format? The Google Products Feed in Interspire includes this info - so why can't I include it in regular CSV?
Cupar Garden Centre: CS-Cart Professional 2.2.5 (Converted from ISC 6.0.14 Ultimate)
Online Garden Centre: ISC 6.0.14 Professional
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Re: Product and Image URL in CSV

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

I'm just shooting from the hip ... not having a single CLUE about how the Google Feed works (what's included, its format, etc).

BUT... would it be possible for you to take the Google Feed and re-work it so that it becomes a CSV file with the info you need?

Perhaps import the Google Feed document into an Excel file and then re-export it into a standard CSV ... AND it will have the product image URL's.

Again... this is just a wild guess, but perhaps a direction that you might explore.
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."
grantg

Post by grantg »

We got all our data into Interspire through an SQL dump, had a few teething problems so wiped the database clean and started the installation of Interspire from scratch. So, we now have a clean Interspire installation, 5.0.6.

I have created a single product, and filled in some test data.

The Category Details is shown in the Exported CSV as:

"Category Name: MySubsection, Category Path: MySection/MySubsection"

The product is viewed via MySection > MySubsection.

When I delete this product within the Admin, and Import the exact same CSV, with a row added below, incrementing product ID by 1, and adding new product specifics (name, description, price, etc, but NOT category) the product doesn't import, citing 'Missing Product Category' as the error.

I have used 'Yes, includes Headers', field separator is a comma (,) and field enclosure is an inverted comma ("), as default anyway. Category is matched to Category Details.

Conclusion: Interspire CSV's do not work, at all.
Cupar Garden Centre: CS-Cart Professional 2.2.5 (Converted from ISC 6.0.14 Ultimate)
Online Garden Centre: ISC 6.0.14 Professional
Painstik

Post by Painstik »

What does work in ISC if you don't fix it by yourself? :?
Need custom coding for Interspire Shopping Cart? Contact me
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

I believe there has been a lot of derision on the Interspire export/import module not actually working...

If I'm right there's already a few comments about this on the main Interspire forum.
hottygoddy

Post by hottygoddy »

i need this modification
i want pay to realize this hack
i need image in custom tempaltes and if possible price for customer group
please contact me :)