Turning off product variations

For Articles relating to more than one ISC version
Tony Barnes

Turning off product variations

Post by Tony Barnes »

Just a heads up - just had a customer call because they couldn't add a product to their basket, as it told them to select a product variation.

The product in question used to have variations, but these were simply unchecked in the product variation page. This meant that as far as the cart's logic check on whether a product has variations went, it failed.

Turning the variation off (i.e. this product does not have variations) fixed it.

Not sure how likely it is for people to do this, but am flagging with IS as a bug - in fairness it's very minor, and more how the cart works, but a seperate "are any variations REALLY available" check would eliminate it.
grantg

Re: Turning off product variations

Post by grantg »

Since you've mentioned it here, I'll explain a little more...

My findings were unchecking all variation options (but still leaving the variation as 'Will use a product variation I've already created...') does not seem to delete the combination(s) from isc_product_variation_combinations - I have no idea why. The SQL I provided on the Interspire forum fixes this - but obviously would need to be run every time you uncheck the options. I don't know if this can be classified as a bug, or just misconfigured - human error - as the cart is performing the way it has been written to do so, let's just call it lack of common sense on their part, again.
Cupar Garden Centre: CS-Cart Professional 2.2.5 (Converted from ISC 6.0.14 Ultimate)
Online Garden Centre: ISC 6.0.14 Professional
Tony Barnes

Re: Turning off product variations

Post by Tony Barnes »

The only bit that could be called a bug is the fact that it allows you to save the product in the broken state - not ideal!