Closing this forum if...

Support request, discussions relating to Email Marketer
Brandeline

Re: Closing this forum if...

Post by Brandeline »

Wow, only took them two days to get back to me. I'd call that a record for them. Apparently the issue with the forward to a friend links was a known bug in 6.1.0 as well as the earlier versions.

Why they decided they wouldn't update the archive file they give people to download with the patch already installed as it is only a couple lines, I don't know, but there is a patch listed here: https://track.interspire.com/browse/IEM-183
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

Niecly, thanks
Brandeline

Post by Brandeline »

The patch I listed in my post above has now disappeared from the Interspire Site.

Also found an issue this weekend with the integration of the marketer and shopping cart. Apparently, though you can supposedly integrate the two on the email marketing tab, the integration is VERY weak even on adding people to lists. If you don't make a special form and replace the one that comes with the shopping cart, the xml api does not support sending the double opt-in confirmation emails. This means if people subscribe during checkout, they also never receive the legally required double-opt-in, and thus never confirm their subscription.

After waiting all weekend and a couple more days beyond that, Interspire Tech support just dropped that gem on me. I have no idea why it's not capable of sending an email when xml.php is called the same as it does when forms.php is called. Would seem to be simple. But I guess it's just one more instance of Interspire doing a half-butt job on something and making lots of promises knowing full well it doesn't work as ordinary people would expect.