Looking for a module/add-on

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Brandeline

Looking for a module/add-on

Post by Brandeline »

Does anyone know of a module or add-on for ISC 5.5.4 that can make a PDF file batch of invoices for newly received orders and email that PDF file, as well as make an export file of the orders and ftp it somewhere?

Basically I have a warehouse doing my order fulfillment, and I'd like to free myself up from having to re-transmit the orders to them as they come in. Anyone out there developed anything like this, or know someone who has?
Tony Barnes

Re: Looking for a module/add-on

Post by Tony Barnes »

Why not set the warehouse up as a user for your backend? Restrict the privilieges so that they can only look at orders/mark complete/etc - far simpler option!
Brandeline

Post by Brandeline »

Because that's not the agreement I have with them concerning how they receive my order files. If I make them manually go in and get them, they charge me extra fees.

I actually HAVE given them the above permissions, and I have had them retrieve the orders on their own for a fee under special circumstances before when I had to go out of town or something, and while paying the extra fee isn't too bad for one or two days, it would get a bit steep if I had them do it all the time. I'd really just like to have the order transmission process completely integrated with their system and ticking along on it's own.

The warehouse has some software they've recently started using called Ship4U that picks up the CSV files from the FTP directory and pulls it into their system so it can track inventory on their end, and also integrates with their shipping computer among other things. I'm sending them invoice PDF's right now as well because the company that makes the ship4U software hasn't yet finished making the invoices their system generates look like mine. But when they get that completed, I'll stop sending PDF files over and just need to send the CSV's over.
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

Ah right, seems odd that they would charge you to download your orders like that, it's not a great deal different from opening/printing an email labour-wise? Oh well...

So do you want the email to be sent to your fulfiller as soon as you have an order? Could you use the notification settings, and tweak the email that is sent?

For when using CVS is ok you could get the API to access things - https://www.interspire.com/support/kb/q ... PI+work%3F - but you would start hitting barriers with regards to cut off times I think. i.e. all orders for today are sent, someone places an order later on in the evening, the next day all orders for that day are sent, omitting new order.

Sorry, if anything I think I'm compunding your problem... :? :?
Brandeline

Post by Brandeline »

Thanks for the suggestions Tony. I'll look and see if there is anything useful to me in the API, but for some reason I don't seem to have a copy of the /includes/classes/api/example.php mentioned in the article above included in my installs so I'll have to find out why I haven't got a copy.
Tony Barnes

Post by Tony Barnes »

Bah, stupid forum won't let me stick up the code...

Just grab a new copy of the product from the D/L section and it will be in there :D