[DEV] Re-format Checkout Payment options

Modules, Add-ons and custom code that's more than just a quick hack or Mod.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

[DEV] Re-format Checkout Payment options

Post by Martin »

This is something of a "wish-list" item for me at the moment but with the work I've done on the Protx/SagePay module I'd like to gently nudge my customers towards that instead of them using Paypal or one of the offline payment methods.

Here's my ideas for how this could be improved.
  • Primary Payment option has a more pronounced text title
  • Each payment option has the flag(s) for the currencies it can process directly
    ...or...
  • Payment options have an icon that indicates that all currencies are converted into GBP (pretty much the default way ISC handles foreign currencies)
  • The options have a mouseover pop up/tool-tip that provides the currency information and any other useful info that might sway their decision to use that payment option (eg: cheque requires 10 days to clear, Paypal surcharge of x% per transaction, etc...)
  • Option to replace text labels with an iconic image/representation instead (eg: icon of a cheque, icon of a credit card, paypal logo, etc..)
I was also thinking I'd quite like to hide the other payment options so that you had the Primary option (that you want people to use) and "Other..."... The latter would be clickable and would trigger display() of the remaining payment options...

Anyway, if anyone has any input on this already or suggestions on other ways to improve on the idea, let me know...