Resolving IE9/Image Upload issues

For articles specific to version 6.x
myshop

Resolving IE9/Image Upload issues

Post by myshop »

Mod Edit:
This topic has been split out to allow this particular problem to be discussed properly without cluttering up the TinyMCE upgrade thread where this was originally started.

This doesnt fix the image upload.. (as its the plugin)

If you click insert image, browse and select an image - the upload window sits there indefinatly. The only way to make this work is to go into compatability mode.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Update TinyMCE in ISC

Post by Martin »

myshop wrote:This doesnt fix the image upload.. (as its the plugin)

If you click insert image, browse and select an image - the upload window sits there indefinatly. The only way to make this work is to go into compatability mode.
I believe the image upload plugin was wriiten by Interspire so it'll be a case of updating that manually and/or finding and hacking an alternative to fix its incompatibilities.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Update TinyMCE in ISC

Post by Martin »

I spent a bit of time looking at the code on a BC store and couldn't find any changes until I realised I was using an older version..

A quick search re: IE9 and BC, to see what had changed and I found these nuggets:
[ISC-3095] - Upgraded to jQuery 1.6.2
[ISC-3106] - Custom URL generators will now create URLs for news items without any existing custom URL
[ISC-3145] - Upgraded to latest TinyMCE version to resolve several IE 9 related issues
[ISC-3147] - Upgraded to latest jQuery UI version to resolve several IE 9 related issues
So, it seems that the process of resolving the upload issues relies on the upgrade of 3 parts and probably a few additional updates from some Interspire modified plugins.

Interestingly enough the interspireimg plugin for TinyMCE is just a minor edit of the advimg plugin...

The bit that beggars belief is that Interspire are rejecting any support for IE9 and ISC despite it being well within their means to do so and frankly one part of their remit given the support is still valid for another year + 1 month. What I think of the folks behind the decision is well known so no sense in repeating it here.