[WANTED][URGENT]Interspire PayPal Checkout IPN Mod

Space for requests for help (paid jobs, etc..) and for advertising ISC related services.
Forum rules
Spamming, faked third party recommendations, and any other basic intrusion on common sense will result in posts being removed, overall bans and redirects of your domain(s) to competitors if you ignore this.

Tip: Let your work and genuine recommendations for genuine customers speak louder than your promises and advertising.
smartone

[WANTED][URGENT]Interspire PayPal Checkout IPN Mod

Post by smartone »

Hi all,

You guys know ISC and how PP checkout module works. Please take a look at this and let me know if it's possible. I can pay a few hundreds for this project.

Usually, PP and our web store trade information directly using IPN.
Customers checkout, my store [A] set up information and forward to PayPal . PP processes order and send back IPN notification,pingback directly to the store.
By this way, PP knows all my PP accounts used and links them together by refer URL, notification & return URL.

The question is is it possible to set up a third party gateway [C]. Let say like another simple website.

This is how it looks like:

My store[A] => [C] => PP and PP => [C] => My store[A]

so, [C] will act as a middle man that transfer & processs IPN between [A] , all URL from [A] will be spoof as [C]

Is this possible? I'm going to post this on FreeLancer, but u guys know ISC the best, especially Martin.
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [WANTED][URGENT]Interspire PayPal Checkout IPN Mod

Post by Martin »

The primary issue I could see with such a system would be the potential for Paypal to scream blue murder about misuse and/or abuse... It also begs questions about PCI compliance so I'd be seriously dubious about whether it would be a good idea unless you can resolve those issues.

Technically speaking, it probably is possible but before you ask, I don't have any (not even a microsecond) for new projects and with ISC on the official "dump & run" list, even less reason to work it.

There are still a few developers kicking around who may be able to help but I would look at the above points before you commit to avoid getting caught with a white elephant.