View Order Details - URL

Tips, Tricks, How To Guides, etc..
stam

View Order Details - URL

Post by stam »

Hi community,
I am trying to figure out what terms x=*&y=* are for.

When user clicks on View Order Details button in page ../orderstatus.php the URL is like

../account.php?action=view_order&order_id=20&x=41&y=10.

The actual problem arises when trying to substitute OrderDetailsButton.gif with CSS. When button replaced with CSS code the above URL appears without the x=*&y* terms

../account.php?action=view_order&order_id=20.

Thanks in advance,
Stam
Snooper

Re: View Order Details - URL

Post by Snooper »

I am not familiar with the syntax your showing us so I am at best guessing that the cart your asking about is not ISC.

But as a stab at an answer to the question and from what you are giving.
The actual problem arises when trying to substitute OrderDetailsButton.gif with CSS. When button replaced with CSS code the above URL appears without the x=*&y* terms
You imply your attempting to ‘cut across’ or change a section of code that is relevant to how data is parsed.. Look closely to the button script your attempting to change. Does it include a code element that identifies itself and what it is doing.? If it has, are you trying to substitute this button and code via CSS.?

Given the vague nature of your question and no idea of the cart you are referancing, I suggest if you have not done so.. Pull down a copy of Firefox or Google Chrome and install a plugin called FireBug. Great tool, and will help you locate tables,frames and DIVs within a page (and much more). So might help you with this and other similer problems..
Last edited by Snooper on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ISC 5.5.4 Ultimate : Being used here -- http://www.kdklondon.com
CharlieFoxtrot
Confirmed
Confirmed

Post by CharlieFoxtrot »

That appears to be the exact coordinates of the click-event whenever someone clicks on a submit-IMAGE (as opposed to an actual HTML button). There are legitimate uses for it, but I can't imagine any reason that this would be needed in ISC.
ISC 4.0.7

"... and let's be honest that whole "by design" thing is getting old too."
Martin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martin »

CharlieFoxtrot wrote:That appears to be the exact coordinates of the click-event whenever someone clicks on a submit-IMAGE (as opposed to an actual HTML button). There are legitimate uses for it, but I can't imagine any reason that this would be needed in ISC.
Anyones guess overall... it's probably a hold over from a much earlier version that was never edited out. That or some kind of security thing although that is just pure fantasy... :)
stam

Post by stam »

Hi Martin,
of course I am referring to ISC..
Log in as a customer > select View Order Status (from 'Manage your account' panel) > (it is necessary to place an order first) click the 'View Order Details' button..

../account.php?action=view_order&order_id=20&x=41&y=10 is the url appearing on page..
Snooper

Post by Snooper »

On a closer look.. This 'appears' to be a customers ID, their order ID and the status of an order ID..
ISC 5.5.4 Ultimate : Being used here -- http://www.kdklondon.com