Migrating passwords from ISC to Opencart

Tips, Tricks, How To Guides, etc..
Tony Barnes

Migrating passwords from ISC to Opencart

Post by Tony Barnes »

We're moving from the now dead Interspire Shopping Cart to Opencart, and I didn't want our customers to have to re-do their passwords. As OC and ISC use different encryption, I've done this vQmod to take care of using ISC passwords and salts in OC.

To use you need to import your customers into Opencart in whatever manner you choose (we are probably going to use Cart to Cart so that we get everything across without me having to scratch my head at too many SQL statements) - making sure that the 'salt' column from 'isc_customers' is transfered into your 'oc_customer' table in a column called 'isc_salt'.

An example of the SQL to migrate just the salt column if you have already moved all the other customer stuff (i.e. this is what I will run when Cart 2 Cart is done):

Code: Select all

UPDATE oc_customer o
INNER JOIN isc_customers i ON i.custpassword = o.password
set o.isc_salt = i.salt
Then just add the XML file to your vQmod XML folder - changing the extension to xml from txt (can't post xml here).
Attachments
interspire-passwords.txt
(1.68 KiB) Downloaded 880 times
Snooper

Re: Migrating passwords from ISC to Opencart

Post by Snooper »

Usefull - Nice one Tony..

I'm like yourself, resigned to change and have elected to move sticks. In my case OC ver.1.5.4.1.

Already a problems however. Have you solved it? Posted here :-

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2173
ISC 5.5.4 Ultimate : Being used here -- http://www.kdklondon.com
Mullaney

Re: Migrating passwords from ISC to Opencart

Post by Mullaney »

Snoopeer wrote:Usefull - Nice one Tony..

I'm like yourself, resigned to change and have tried the pro solution plus elected to move sticks. In my case OC ver.1.5.4.1.
Thanks for the guide Tony!